Mango Cheesecake using Instant Pot
1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk (sweetened)
1 cup whole milk greek yogurt (full-fat)
1⁄4 cup mango concentrate optional additions: cardamom powder, saffron, nuts for garnish•
Mango pulp as needed, for pouring over the cheesecake.
Oil or butter, for greasing
1. Add the condensed milk, yogurt and mango concentrate to a bowl and mix well.
2. Pour the mixture into a greased 6-inch or 7-inch cheesecake pan (with a removable bottom), then cover the pan with foil.
3. Add 2 cups water into the steel inner pot, then place the trivet/wire rack that came with your pressure cooker into the pot. Place the pan on top of the rack.
4. Secure the lid, close pressure valve and cook for 30 minutes at high pressure.
5. Naturally, release pressure for 20 minutes, then release any remaining pressure (do not leave the cheesecake sitting in the pot). The cheesecake should be set – it shouldn’t wiggle. Stick a toothpick into the cheesecake and if it comes out clean, it’s done. If it’s still wet, pressure cook the cake for another 2 minutes.
6. Allow the cheesecake to cool down on a wire rack. It is easier to unmold the cheesecake while slightly warm.
7. Put the cheesecake in the fridge to chill for 4-6 hours.
8. Pour some mango puree on top of the cake right before serving. It adds nice color and looks great too!
Since this recipe calls for a concentrate, I suggest using whole milk greek yogurt rather than regular whole milk yogurt because greek is thicker. If you have regular whole milk yogurt then you can use a sieve to separate some of the whey from the yogurt before measuring.
This is best when chilled but you can also eat this warm or at room temperature as a pudding if you like. It will only taste like cheesecake after it has chilled. If you eat it warm, it will taste like custard.
You can freeze this cheesecake! It tastes great when thawed but it may be bit more crumbly. Still delicious though!More Recipes